Thursday, March 15, 2012

Inspirations for Deeds..."Alice In Wonderland"


Yes, I was influenced by the book, but the Commodore computer game?  Windham Classics "Alice in Wonderland", is without a doubt on my top five best computer games of all time list.  This game was like getting to go into the actual book.  You could talk, sing, eat stuff, and solve some almost impossible puzzles.  I played this game for hours, and hours, and I think I finished it somtime in the early 90's.  Alice was a direct influence for the look of Deeds.  Signature black background, trees and flowers, jerky animaton, all features found in the artwork of "Deeds Of Yore".  Beyond that Alice has a kind of personality and simple interaction that I tried to translate into the feeling of Deeds. Alice takes me back to a time when games were for the imagination and not just playable CG movies.  There were actualy five Windham Classic games...




No comments:

Post a Comment