Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Inspirations For Deeds..."Heart Of Africa"


I credit "Heart Of Africa" with being the ultimate inspiration for the people of yore including David.  It's this simple yet obvious character art that I wanted to recreate in Deeds.  When I first started developing the artwork for deeds my characters were closer to "Heart Of Africa" than they ended up being in the actual production.  Games like "Legacy Of the Ancients" inspired more color in the long run.  All that said, "Heart Of Africa" is an awesome game.  You play an explorer in the late 19th century.  You buy supplies, then hit the road to explore Africa.  It is a particularly realistic game.  It contains a lot of history and geography. It is extremely difficult, yet fun in a strange way.  While not on my top five list, I did spend hours and hours playing this game in the 80's.  It's fun and even educational, but weird, very weird.  Oh and it has a freakishly tiny game screen, I don't know why.



No comments:

Post a Comment