Monday, April 30, 2012

Game-a-day #57...Accolade Comics.


"Accolade Comics", I like this game a lot, it's funny, has great artwork, and game play is cool and always interesting.  It all takes place in the world of wisecracking secret agent Steve Keene, and his world is a comic book.  The creators took great pains to make this game feel like an actual comic book and make it playable at the same time.  Mini-games that are all action break up the choose your own adventure style play that dominates the experience.  Accolade made some of the most advanced games that I owned in the 80's and this one did not disappoint.  The only thing that was a tiny bit annoying about "Accolade Comics", was the very long load times between sequences.  I mean, it was the 80's and computer technology wasn't fast, so couple that with a game that was a little too advanced for the technology it was running on (Commodore 64) and you get a few long waits.  Now, as a kid I had quite a tolerance for computer wait times because that was what we had in that era.  However, today I find myself getting a little squirmy if I have to wait for anything longer than a millisecond.  How times have changed.

Accolade Comics on Gamebase64

No comments:

Post a Comment