Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Game-a-day #73...The Hobbit



Not everyone loves text adventures as much as I do, but I do so "The Hobbit" is fun to me.  Sure it's very simple, not as full featured at some of the Infocom games, but what sells me is the frequent pictures.  I'll overlook a lot of game play problems in a text adventure if it has pictures.  "The Hobbit" is a VERY light version of the book, it seems to follow the very basic story.  The main characters show up, and the puzzles are challenging.  If you're a J.R.R. Tolkien fan or have read the book, this game will be fun for you to type around in.  There are two versions, one from 1983 and an 85 version.  The 85 version has WAY better graphics, so get that one if you plan to play it.

Walkthrough

The Hobbit on Gamebase64

No comments:

Post a Comment