Thursday, April 12, 2012

Game-a-day Countdown #79... The Pawn



I bought this game I think when I was about 11 with Christmas money.  The dang thing cost $40!  In 85, that was a huge amount of money for a game.  So why did I buy "The Pawn" for $40?  Like all kids my age I would look at the back of the box and check out the graphics.  "The Pawn" had goooooood graphics, they didn't move, they were static pictures, but for the day and on a C64 they were awesome.  The game itself is quite good although super hard.  It's a text adventure with some wit and humor that takes place in a fantasy type world with wizards and magic stuff.  If you have a decade to solve the puzzles it's worth a play, otherwise you can find a lot of walkthroughs on the net and just enjoy the story line.  I'm not kidding when I say the puzzles are hard.  The items that you find are cryptic, and not the usual potions and swords of most adventure style games.  I don't think I got very far in this game as a kid,  however, years later I did cheat my way through it using the walkthrough below.


The Pawn on Gambase64

The Pawn Walkthrough on Lemonamiga.com

No comments:

Post a Comment