Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Game-a-day #72... The Wizard Of Oz.



Yet another text adventure under the Windham Classics label is "The Wizard Of Oz".  This game plays a lot like "Treasure Island" it's sister Windham game.  Text interface but a lot of graphics, music and sound effects bring the classic story to life.  This game is fun, and I found myself getting into it while playing it last night.  The puzzles are challenging but not impossible, and I personally like the artwork quite a bit.  The one thing that kind of bugs me about this game and "Treasure Island" is the weird font.  It's a little hard to read, and well, it's a text adventure and needs reading.  Other than that, I can't fault this game too much.  I had three of the Windham games as a kid, "Alice in wonderland", "Below the Root", and "Treasure Island", but I did not have "The Wizard Of Oz".  I'm very happy to discover it today and get a chance to to check it out.

The Wizard Of Oz on Gamebase64

No comments:

Post a Comment