Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Game-a-day #69...Battletech



"Battletech" was a popular board/rpg/strategy game in the 80's, I'm talking about a pen and ink game, with books and dice and stuff.  So it figures that they made an RPG/strategy computer game based on this game series.  I bought "Battletech" late in my C64 career, it must have been 88 or 89, so to tell the truth I didn't play it all that much.  I think I got to the first training mission and then gave up because I had an NES at that point, and was playing games that I didn't have to wait to load.  I think I was also starting to spend less time on the computer and more time on the phone with girls I liked. Whatever the reasons I forsake "Battletech" and I'm sorry I did, because I started playing it the other day and find that it's a great game with all kinds of depth of play and story line.  It was published by Infocom, who at that point was the publisher of top of the line interactive fiction (text adventures), I guess it was like their entrance into the world of graphics.  It's a fun game, and I'm playing it in the tiny amount of spare time that I have.  If you have a tiny amount of spare time, give it a whirl.

Battletech on Gamebase64

No comments:

Post a Comment