Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Game-a-day #67... Dan Dare.



Dan Dare I have discovered was a real comic book character from England.  I guess he's the British Buck Rogers or something.  Anyhow, "Dan Dare" is also a C64 adventure game, and it's not bad.  Gameplay is easy, fighting is less than exciting, but it works, and the puzzles are fun.  I think not knowing the character or the world may be the reason I never finished it, or even played it all that much.  The graphics are good, and the side scroll type adventure interface is one of my favorite types for a game of this style.  It's futuristic in a 50's way, and for me that's perfect because all my favorite Science Fiction is 50's and 60's based.  There's this little elephphant alien thing that follows you around in the game and that's kind of fun.  So why not give it a play, and I'll include some info about the actual comic as well.

Dan Dare on Gamebase64

Dan Dare (The Comic) on Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment