Friday, June 1, 2012

Abandonia Treasures #15...Legend Of Kyrandia.



Well, now that I've opened the flood gates to the games of the 90's it only seems fair to start featuring some of them in the Abandonia Treasures entry.  As and era I always thought of the 90's, especially the early part of the decade as a dark time in computer game history, kind of like the "Dark Ages".  But I was wrong, and it's Abandonia that set me straight.  When you look at all the games on their site, so many are so good and so from the early 90's.  I don't know what I was thinking, well I do know why I was thinking, but I was thinking all wrong.  See I had a Mac in the 90's and yeah it was sweet and had like 4MB of ram and a giant 117MB hard drive, COLOR screen, and 25Mhz of processing power.  For a laptop it was SUPER... but for games, not so much.  If you read the last entry Game-a-day today, you know that from 1991-1993 I was all wrapped up in being a rebellious young person, then after that... A Mac.  So, yeah I missed out on an entire world of games that they made for the PC until 1996 when I graduated from computer trade school and built my very own Pentium (well Cyrix) system with a 100Mhz CPU.  That's like five years of no good games, but... I did have one game that I remember was quite good for my Mac laptop, and it was "Legend Of Kyrandia".  Sweet, funny, great graphics, this game is a winner.  It plays utilizing one of my favorite systems of all time, the point-and-click method.  You collect stuff, you solve sweet puzzles, it's a win.  Now, I never played this game to completion, no sir.  But I did spend many hours playing it and marveling at the graphics that I was sure could get no better.  Okay, so graphics got better and I didn't think they would, I'm not a prophet, I'm just a man, and a man aint' nothin' but a man.  If you know who said that (not me), then you win an American folk lore prize.

Legend of Kyrandia on Abandonia

No comments:

Post a Comment