Thursday, June 7, 2012

Abandonia Treasures #21...Tintin - Prisoners of the Sun.


Tintin is a favorite comic book character of mine.  Although I am a native of the US, born and raised, I was lucky enough to have a mother who was familiar with Tintin, and who bought me most of the graphic novels for me at an early age.  Tintin really is super awesome, he's a reporter who get's into all kinds of adventures, you may have seen the recent movie.  If you're from Europe and you don't know who Tintin is, where have you been the last seventy years?  But I digress, back to the game.  "Prisoners of the Sun" isn't a bad game, but it's not fantastic either.  Being a huge Tintin fan, I was a tiny bit disappointed with the game play.  This is the most modern game I have yet mentioned in this blog, and it's not all that advanced.  It's an arcade style game with a story line.  The story is great, the arcade parts... not so great.  I guess I would have liked a point and click with more puzzle solving for a game in 1997, and I think that kind of game would lend itself better to the Tintin world.  I'm also a die hard Adventure / RPG player, so I always want more depth of play.  Other than pretty good graphics and being a Tintin game, I would probably not like this game a whole lot.  It's very hard, and not entirely rewarding.  Don't take my word for it, go ahead and play if for yourself.  Tintin fans NEED to play it asap.  I'll let you discover all the details yourself.

Prisoners of the Sun on abandonia.

No comments:

Post a Comment