Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Game-a-day #24...Little Computer People.


Some people will say that "Little Computer People" isn't a game.  If Tamagotchi is a game then "Little Computer people is a game too.  This game is the grandfather of the current Sims games.  The Sims are fine, a lot of detail and all, but I like the simplicity of "Little Computer People" over all of their complicated glitz and glamour. Somehow I feel at home when I play this game.  I don't know why, but this game is like a time machine for me.  More than any other game it takes me back to the 80's, back to my bedroom, with the GIANT computer table, back to the days that I would watch Chanel 5 Sunday movies on my 13 inch TV.  "Little Computer People" takes me back.  It was a simple time, no cell phones or twitter, or facebook.  To be honest in many ways I miss that time.  I mean, I like all the stuff we have today, and you can never go back, but when I fire up "Little Computer People", I can get as close to going back as I think is at all possible.  You don't have much to do in this game, you just watch your little guy live his life in his little house.  He watches TV, eats, feeds his dog, talks on the phone sleeps, uses the computer, and even plays piano.  You do have to make sure your little guy has water and food, and dog food, and you can make his phone and alarm ring.  It's not the most exciting way to spend an afternoon, but it's fun, cool, and like I said, it takes me back.  Give it a try, there's a meditative quality to it.

Little Computer People on Gamebase64

No comments:

Post a Comment