Saturday, June 2, 2012

Abandonia Treasures #16...Inspector Gadget.


Did you watch Inspector Gadget?  I did... I know it was a goofy cartoon, but you know as a kid I liked it.  Wasn't my favorite, but it was funny, and I think it must have been the inspiration for the modern day laptop/netbook.  That's right, the Penny's computer book.  When I got my first laptop in 1994, I remember one of my first thoughts was, "This is like a real life computer book".  As kids we all wanted a computer book like Penny had, it was awesome, a portable computer the size of a book.  The computer book actually looked like a real book and opened like one... Maybe they should bake a netbook like that, I would buy it.  Okay, so the game here brought to us by our good friends at Abandonia, is pretty good.  It's like getting to play the cartoon, and as it's an early 90's game (1992), the graphics are good and the interface is smooth. It's a point and click type game, so to me it's awesome (I love a good point and click).  It's way easy to get started, and it is very much like the cartoon.  This game was made about six years after the series had ended, but Gadget enjoyed syndication well into the 90's so it's easy to see why they made the game at that time.  In the 90's they ended up making a lot of cartoons into games because the graphics were good enough by then.  If you like Inspector Gadget don't hesitate to get this game, it's fun and funny and will bring back memories, so go on.... Go Go Gadget Download at Abandonia.

Inspector Gadget at Abandonia

No comments:

Post a Comment