Thursday, June 7, 2012

Game-a-day #23...Trash Man.


I love games that deal with real world situations or vocations in the case of "Trash Man".   Like "Paperboy", this game sets you up in a neighborhood setting where you must serve the population.  Rather than a glamorous paperboy, you are a trash man.  Sure it sounds mundane, but what was "Frogger" about... crossing the road?  How much adventure was in Pac-Man?  What was Pac-Man?  I guess he was a puck, because his name was Puck-Man in his original iteration. Donkey Kong?  It's about rescuing your girlfriend from a gorilla, so, okay, it's more of an adventure, but still, no guns or ships or bombs.  Anyhow, let's just say some of the timeless classics of game history are non-violent, sometimes mundane, yet very fun games.  I like "Trash Man", it is fun, it's a little slow, but hey, so's your grandma.  It's easy, you have to collect trash and put it into the trash truck.  Avoid getting hit by cars, and be sure to do it fast or you get fired.  I guess it's a little like a day job, but if you always wanted to be a sanitation worker, here it is.  I say play it, I did and I'm glad... If you need a spaceship game try Asteroids.

Trash Man on Gamebase64

No comments:

Post a Comment