Sunday, May 27, 2012

Abandonia Treasures #10...Space Rogue.


Dude, this game if for real man.  Another gem from the heyday of Origin Systems who brought us Ultima and Autoduel.  I had never heard about this game until I found it on Abandonia, so I haven't played it in an extensive, obsessive way...YET.  I can tell by my limited experience with this game that it's vast, open ended, and super awesome.  I also made a point to read what others have said about it, and I think the best endorsement is the review on Abandonia (link below), that gives it 5.0 out of 5.0... I mean that's like and A+ in scholastic terms, or a Bo Derek in the 70's.  Anyway, It's a space RPG with 3Dish combat.  It doesn't get a whole lot better in my book.  It's like they took the *SPOILER ALERT* space combat from the end of Ultima I (Yeah, it had some cool vintage space combat), beefed it up, and gave us the top down Ultima experience we all love as well.  The minute I have some time to play this game you can bet I'm going to explore it further.  You  be a pirate, a trader, a bounty hunter, and there's still a main quest to complete.  You got outfitting to do to your ship, supplies to buy... It's all you ever wanted in a space RPG, at least it's all I ever wanted... Well not all I ever wanted, but close.

Oh, and the walkthrough and all the other stuff you need to get going on your space adventures are on Abandonia, so go there.

Space Rogue at Abandonia.

No comments:

Post a Comment