Thursday, May 17, 2012

Abandonia Treasures #2...The Alpine Encounter.


It's not the most advanced game, it's CGA graphics are less than stunning, the game play is clunky and even awkward.  I still like "The Alpine Encounter".  It's so very retro-fabulous that you just want to play it to feel the vintage goodness in your veins (at least I do).  It's a text adventure with graphics that may not be all that fantastic, but for sure get the job done.  As many of you may already know from my past postings, I love me some text adventure with graphics and "The Alpine Encounter" is that on a cracker.  Okay, so the command list available to you is VERY limited, and the unforgiving nature of this game ends in your death (in the game, not real life) over and over, but that's what I want in a game from 1985.  I know I mentioned the graphics aren't amazing, but the image you see above is what hooked me as I perused the adventure titles on abandonia.com.
You need Dosbox to play it because it's so freaking old, not as old as me, but for a computer game it's on the old side.  Try it, love it, feel the vintage love.

The Alpine Encounter on Abandonia

No comments:

Post a Comment