Monday, May 21, 2012

Abandonia Treasures #6...Wasteland


Long before the very popular post nuclear holocaust game Fallout was a twinkle in it's creators eye, there was a post nuclear holocaust RPG game called "Wasteland".  RPG is hands down my favorite game genre.  I think my love of RPG stems from the fact that most of them, even if they lack fancy graphics, sound, and music, have detailed story lines, items, and sophisticated puzzle solving.  "Wasteland" has all this and unlike so many other RPG games takes place on Earth after an atomic war has destroyed most of it.  Did I mention I love post-apocalypse stuff?  Cause I do.  "Wasteland" plays like any good classic RPG, but it's just so cool that it takes place after the bomb.  It's like getting to play a long Twilight Zone episode or something. I wish I could just take a month off and play this game, but I have work to do... If you have time to play it you should, then go on to the amazing games in the Fallout series, but never forget games like this that started it all.  This game was also available for the Commodore, but NOT the C64, you could only get it on the 128, I  remember, because I was super bummed out that I couldn't run it on my system as a kid.  Anyhow, if you check out the Abandonia page they have both versions and the manual... Sweet.

Wasteland on Abandonia

No comments:

Post a Comment