Monday, May 14, 2012

Game-a-day #45...Skate or Die.



Dude!  Let me start out with the fun fact that I actually have the C64 floppy of this game framed and on my bedroom wall, no joke.  I'm a Southern California native, and learned to skateboard in Venice.  I was in no way any good, but like all self respecting beach kids, I had to at least have and be able to ride without falling off.  Skateboarding was (and still is) a way of life out here.  Now for a poser like I was at age 11, "Skate or Die" was a dream come true.  It' merged the two most awesome things available in 1987, computer games, and skating.  "Skate or Die" was probably the best skating game at the time.  It has a variety of skate events, including my favorite the half pipe (although they call it "ramp").  You can practice or compete, and the interface  and game play can only be described as sublime.  This may be one of the best produced computer games of it's time.  The graphics are fantastic, and the attention to detail is award worthy.  So if you like skating, and great video games go play "Skate or Die" now!

Skate or Die on Gamebase64

No comments:

Post a Comment