Thursday, May 17, 2012

Game-a-day #40...Smurfen.


As a hardcore child of the 80's I'm a Smurf fan.  No, not the new movie that made no sense and set the Smurfs in New York (why God, why?).  I'm talking the real La la la, la la la, Peyo Smurfs.  Smurfs were popular in the 80's, so they spawned several video/computer games over the years.  "Smurfen" is a rip off of the earliest Smurf game "Smurf: Rescue in Gargamel's Castle".  I had that official title for Colecovision (my first computer was an ADAM), so when I came across "Smurfen", I was already familiar with how to play.  It's a side scroll adventure that's not all that incredible, but it's the Smurfs so you play it for that. "Smurfen" does have one VERY redeeming difference from the official game, and that's the Michael Jackson's Billie Jean SID (Chiptune) soundtrack.  The music makes this game.  It makes it an 80's classic X2, and that's classic.  Play if for the Smurfs, play if for the music, just play it.

Smurfen on Gamebase64

No comments:

Post a Comment