Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Game-a-day #53...Aliens.



"Aliens" the C64 computer game is an 80's attempt to create a playable version of what I consider one of the best Sci-Fi movies of all time.  Let's face it, in 1986 it was hard to do justice to the movie that scared me so much as a kid I had nightmares for a week.  I don't remember how, but my friends and I managed to get into a showing although we must have been 9 or 10 years old.  Anyhow, back to the game, it's a good attempt and ambitious.  Game play is exciting but it's not an easy game at all, there are  mini-games interspersed between 8 bit cinema sequences, they include... Landing the drop ship, finding a way through the air duct, finding a way through the complex, fighting off Aliens, and finally fighting the Queen Alien with the exoskeleton forklift that may well have been the best part of the film.  "Aliens" for the C64 is good, difficult, and has fantastic graphics.  If you are a fan of the move (and I can't see why you wouldn't be), you should give this one a shot.  "Get away from her you b---h!"

2 comments:

  1. I've never played this version but I did have a go at the other licensed 'Aliens' game for the ZX Spectrum by Electric Dreams.

    It took place in the 1st person perspective and you could switch between team members such as Ripley, Hicks, Gorman etc.

    It was also a good game and had it's fair share of scary moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is the game you're talking about (C64 version).

    http://www.gamebase64.com/game.php?id=242&d=18&h=0

    I never got to play this one because it's from Europe, and we didn't get all the imports back in the 80's. I am going to try this one and feature it on the Game-a-day soon.

    ReplyDelete