Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Game-a-day #43...ThunderCats.


Oh yeah... All of you kids my age (Late 30's) remember the ThunderCats!  If you don't, where were you in the 80's?  Okay, so if you don't know the Thundercats were a group of cat people from a doomed planet who go to another planet to start over and only a few of them make it.  The series, like all good cartoons of the 80's was designed to sell toys...and a video game.  The C64 game is a side scroll type with fair graphics and it's hard as hell.  You play Lion-O, and you have a sword and need to run and kill and jump.  Because the C64 joystick has only one button, you push up for jump, and that works just fine in most games, but it falls a little short in this one because of the hyper pace of game play.  I like the Thundercats as a franchise, but I'm not sold on this game as games go.  I can't tell you that I don't like it because I didn't get too far in it, and I think I would have to devote a lot of time to getting good at it.  If you like hard action games I say go for this one.  If you like the Thundercats, go ahead and watch a couple episodes (You can get them on DVD),  Then try this game and have a total Thundercat experience.  Thundercats Ho!

ThunderCats on Gamebase64

No comments:

Post a Comment