Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Abandonia Treasures #12...Magic Candle.


Dude!  Abandonia has once again proved that they ROCK, by turning me on to a game that looks to be as good as any in the Ultima series.  I know, bold words, but when you start playing a game and get that feeling, you know the feeling you get like you're there in the game, you know you have something awesome.  "Magic Candle" is that awesome type of game.  So it's a rip off of the Ultima games yeah, but they ripped off the best parts so who cares.  It's like if you took four of the best looking women in the world and combined the best parts of them to create a super woman.  "Magic Candle" is a super RPG game.  It was made at the end of the era of wonderful computer RPG and demonstrates the peak of the pure computer RPG.  Yes, they have made way more advanced games since, but for a purist, for the people out there like me who love the story, legend, and the feel of that other world that can't be generated by great graphics, this is a real treasure.  As the hero in the game you have to find a way to preserve the magic candle, because if it melts a demon named Dreax will be released and I'm going to say that's probably a bad thing.  There's a much more detailed review of the game itself on the Abandonia page.  I'm so excited to have discovered this gem, but I'm a little sad that my schedule won't allow me to actually sit down and play it for the countless hours I would like to spend on it.  If you have the time please play if for me.


Magic Candle at Abandonia

No comments:

Post a Comment