Monday, May 21, 2012

Game-a-day #38...Imagination.


I know, I know, another text adventure with graphics, but I swear this one is the weirdest yet.  "Imagination" is a spoof / tribute to the computer adventue game genre in general.  This game is particularly disjointed, I mean I'm all for variety, but this verges on chaos.  I guess it would be cool if it made a little more sense, or was tied together a little better, but then it wouldn't be the original adventure odyssey that makes it as charming as it is.   "Imagination" may be off beat, but It has good puzzles to solve, and game play feels smooth.  Interaction with the game is pretty advanced, and even humorous. One thing I particularly like is that the graphics frequently change to match what's going on.  I guess I would call "Imagination" an ART game for lack of a better term.  I'm not sure the game's creator said to himself  "I'm gonna make an avant-guard game that will live in infamy forever!", but it does manage to give me the feeling of being at a conceptual art exhibit. Ok that's a little over the top as far as a description, maybe it's more like an indy film.  You can choose what type of art you think it resembles for yourself if you go ahead and play it.


No comments:

Post a Comment