Monday, May 28, 2012

Abandonia Treasures #11...Dracula in London.


"Dracula in London" is a multiplayer game.  Not on a network, not between computers, it's a board game without a board.  I'm sure it's a pretty good game if you don't play it by yourself like I did.  Some sort of manual would help a guy like me, because I tend to need some sort of explanation to understand the workings of games that aren't obvious.  This game seems to have a lot of cool stuff at your disposal like weapons and other stuff.  I like the simple DOS tunes that play now and again they remind me of that computerized board game Dark Tower .  The more I think about Dark Tower, the more I think this game might be inspired by that concept of a computer being melded with a board game.  Either way, I wish I knew someone who could show me how to play this game, because it's just not all that intuitive.  It follows the Dracula story well, keeping with the Bram Stoker novel characters and settings.  I'm talking the book now, not the 90's film that stars Winona Ryder.  I like vampire stories, well most of them, I hate that Twilight crap, but Dracula is THE original vampire.  Seems to me that the point of this game it to kill Dracula.  That was the point of the book, so there you go it's all about Bram.  I'd love to know if anyone gets a game of  "Dracula in London" going.  If you do post a comment about it, or better yet take pictures and send them to me.  I laugh a little when I think of like six people huddled around the CRT monitor playing "Dracula in London", a few gasses of wine, some beer... a DJ.

Dracula in London on Abandonia

No comments:

Post a Comment