Thursday, May 17, 2012

Abandonia Treasures #3....Manhunter - New York


I'm so excited, thanks to Abandonia.com I found a game I always wanted to play when I was a kid but never got the chance to due to not having the latest computer in 1988.  I remember seeing a demo of "Manhunter - New York" at Software Etc.  in the Santa Monica Mall in 88, and thinking that I hadn't seen graphics that good ever.  The demo also displayed some gore (eyes popping out of a corpse), that my 14 year old self thought was so cool.  Anyhow, I still had a C64, and no prospect of getting anything newer, so all I could do was check out the demo and wish I was rich and could afford a new computer.  Manhunter was made by Sierra, who were on the cutting edge of graphics and game play at the time.   Twenty four years later (today), I'm again browsing Abandonia, and see a familiar image from my childhood.  Until today I had been trying to remember what that game I saw in the Software Etc. demo had been, but I couldn't remember.  It was Manhunter, and I have finally played it.  The game takes place in the future (2002), weird aliens that look like eyeballs have taken over, and you're a lucky human who has been picked to hunt humans for the weird aliens.  It's an adventure puzzle game with a little action.  There's a lot more to it, so if you're interested (and you should be)... go on down to Abandonia.com  where they have the game and all the info you need to play it.

Manhunter - New York at Abandonia

No comments:

Post a Comment