Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Abandonia Treasures #1...A.C.E.


"Deeds Of Yore" has a new partnership with Abandonia.com, a fantastic place to get games you can't find anyplace else because, well they have been abandoned.  I really believe in the mission of this website that has been around since 1999, and preserves and protects our electronic heritage for FREE.  Anyhow, I started looking over the collection of games that they have, and it's no surprise that I found some of my very favorites.  A.C.E is one of these.  I already mentioned A.C.E in my Game-a-day countdown, but I think the old DOS version deserves a mention and play as well.  It's super fun to get to play the same game on different platforms, because as a kid I only had one computer at a time.  Today I can have every 80's computer in one (emulated that is).  This is a dream come true for me, and I'm sure a few others out there.  The DOS version of A.C.E. doesn't enjoy the vibrant color of the C64 (most games of that era on DOS don't), however game play is very nice, and graphics are sharp if a little limited.  For this game and others like it you will probably need a DOS emulator like Dosbox, unless you have a DOS system sitting around, but our friends at Abandonia make all that stuff a breeze with extensive help via their FAQ.  So check out A.C.E. for DOS and take your retro game experience to new places... or old places.

A.C.E. on Abandonia.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment