Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Game-a-day #50...Alice.



Do not confuse "Alice" with the way better Dale Dishroon masterpiece "Alice in Wonderland".  "Alice" is a very simple adventure game that seems to be based on Alice in Wonderland.  "Alice" is not an amazing game by any stretch, but it's not charmless and it is at least interesting to play.  I guess it was a game found in the Ahoy! Commodore magazine.  I can't tell you if it was a type in (you type the program in yourself), or if the magazine came with a disk.  In either case it's at least a novelty to be able to pay it today. I guess it's sort of the vintage game version of an independent film.  Bob Spirko is credited with it's creation, so hats off to Bob for being in that early 80's wave of computer programmers that pushed us into the information age.  Back to the game, it's simple and from my experience unforgiving.  I haven't played it enough to know what the point is (and I don't have the issue of Ahoy! that probably explains it).  I know you try to get gold, and you go around from room to room looking for stuff that I imagine helps you finish the game, like a treasure hunt.  I met a cat who gave me hints, and then I went into a room and was killed by a laser thing.  So try it out for yourself, let me know if you find out the point, or better yet finish the game.

Alice on Gamebase64

No comments:

Post a Comment