Monday, May 14, 2012

Game-a-day #44...Raffles.



I just discovered this very strange but also interesting obscure C64 game "Raffles"...  Why it's called "Raffles" I have no clue.  I'v been to the Raffles hotel in Singapore, but this has nothing to do with that, so I'm stumped.  Anyhow, this game is a treasure hunt meets Isle of Dr. Moreau.  So you get a job from a rich lady, Lady Crutchfield III to be exact to find her blue diamond collection hidden throughout Critchfield Manor by her crazy genetic scientist husband Montaque.  So throughout the house are a bunch of weird animals that try to kill you while you look for diamonds.  Game play is fair, not the best, but it's playable.  You can move in the cardinal directions via isometric graphics, jump, and push and pull objects around.  The idea is to explore and stack chairs and other stuff to get to the places you need to get to get the diamonds...whew.  It's not on my top five list but it's kind of cool.  I'm an easy sell with anything isometric and the graphics in "Raffles" don't disappoint.   So if you have a spare minute think about trying it out, I did and I don't regret anything... Well, I do regret some stuff, but not this game.

Raffles on Gamebase 64

No comments:

Post a Comment